The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) encourages members to form and support local chapters. Local chapters help anti-fraud professionals further develop their skills and serve as pillars in the community. ACFE chapters are located all over the world. Click here for a list of chapters and chapter officers.
If you don’t have a chapter near you, and are interested in starting one, below are some of the requirements to form a local chapter:
- Review the Uniform Chapter Bylaws and Chapter Affiliation Agreement and ensure there are no conflicts with any local laws.
- All ACFE chapters must register as a nonprofit corporation with the local government.
- At least 20 ACFE members from a given area must agree to form a local chapter and sign a petition stating their intent to do so. At least 10 signatures must be from Certified Fraud Examiners (CFEs).
- Each chapter must elect a president, vice president, secretary and treasurer.
- Local chapters must hold at least four meetings annually.
Contact the chapter development manager at Chapters@ACFE.com to receive a copy of the petition needed to form a local chapter. Below are additional resources: